All scholarships funded by Extended Campus are available at https://siu.academicworks.com/. Students need to fill out the general scholarship application each semester and will be auto-matched to other scholarships available to them. That’s right – one application for all scholarships. To complete the required general scholarship application:
- Visit https://siu.academicworks.com/
- Click “Sign In” near top right corner
- Click “Sign In With Your Institution” near the middle of webpage
- Fill out the application
- Click “Submit” near bottom right corner
This will complete the general scholarship application, and students who qualify will be auto-matched to the scholarships listed above and any additional scholarships that do not require supplemental information.
To view the list of other scholarships that are available through SIU and external organizations, but require supplemental information, follow these steps after completion and submission of the general scholarship application:
- Click on “Opportunities” in the maroon menu bar near the top
- Select “Ours” to view the list of all scholarships (any w/o an apply button use the auto-matching feature and no additional action is required)
- By selecting “External” instead of “Ours,” students will be provided with a list of all external scholarships and will be redirected to an outside webpage where they will be asked to complete a separate application
- Browse the available scholarships (any w/o an apply button use the auto-matching feature and no additional action is required)
- Click “Apply” next to the additional scholarships
- Answer supplemental questions
- Click on “Submit” near bottom right corner
These six steps are optional and only needed if the student wants to apply for specific scholarships that require supplemental information.