Active Duty Verification
Instructions for completing Active Duty Verification Worksheet
- Scan the front and back of your Geneva Conventions Military ID or your Statement of Service
- Open Active Duty Verification worksheet
- Insert scan(s) into designated areas on worksheet; statement of Service can be inserted into either field
- Complete “Student Information” section of worksheet
- Send worksheet to your advisor to complete the “Advisor Information” section of the worksheet
Your advisor will forward the completed worksheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQ: Isn’t copying my ID an OPSEC violation?
Copying your ID is generally prohibited by Title 18, U.S. Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701.
There is an exception however for Government Agencies. The university falls under "administering other military-related benefits to eligible beneficiaries." You are a potential beneficiary of several military-related benefits, including modified admission criteria, alternate tuition rate, Tuition Assistance, GI Bill, Illinois Veterans Grant, etc.
"Examples of authorized photocopying include photocopying of DoD ID cards to facilitate medical care processing, check cashing, voting, tax matters, compliance with appendix 501 of title 50, U.S.C. (also known as "The Servicemember's Civil Relief Act"), or administering other military-related benefits to eligible beneficiaries."